The Microsoft SQL Server 2014 is a data management application from Microsoft that focuses on business-critical applications with business intelligence functionality. The standard version includes all the basic database and basic BI functions. The SQL Server can both use the cloud effectively as well as be used on premise.
Matching user or device CALs can also be purchased here in the store.
An overview of SQL Server 2014 features.
- New In-Memory feature: up to 30-fold acceleration of transactions and data uploads thanks to simultaneous data compression
- Always on guarantees high availability and rapid disaster recovery
- Increased scalability for servers, networks and storage media
- Improved security extensions for transparent monitoring and secure encryption of data
- More efficient management of the database thanks to automation and support features
- Customisable server integration: locally or in the cloud