Microsoft Visio 2010 Prof. continues down the path started by the 2007 version in linking diagrams and their underlying data. The enhanced diagram creation tools in Visio 2010 help to simplify complex content using dynamic, data-driven visualizations. Take advantage of the new possibilities for releasing data on the web in real-time. Use professional-looking templates and modern, ready-made shapes to create your own diagram. It's easy to link the diagram with the data sources of your preference (such as Excel). The data in your diagram are now updated automatically, which is reflected in informative visual elements, such as symbols, colors, and bar graphs. Then, you'll only be a few mouse clicks away from publishing your data-linked diagram on a SharePoint website and providing other people with access to the diagram over the web. They do not necessary need to possess a copy of Visio, representing yet another advantage for you. Visio 2010 is a good software available for presenting important information visually. This is assured by Microsoft Visio 2010's simplicity, supported with data-driven shapes and web release function.
Advantage/difference to Microsoft Visio 2010 Standard:
• Structure, architecture, and service diagrams including area, floor plan, electrical, canalization, HVAC, and much more
• Detailed network diagrams including Active Directory services and rack servers
• Construction plans including electrical, chemical, mechanical, and much more
• ITIL diagram (IT infrastructure library) for defining the infrastructure technology's specifications"
• Pivot diagram for automatically creating hierarchical diagrams in which data are grouped and computed for visual analysis and presentation.
• Software and database diagrams including UML (Unified Modeling Language) and website over
• Value stream maps including UML and website sitemaps
• Creating website sitemaps and documentation including automatic generation of website sitemaps
• Wireframe models for creating medium-fidelity wireframe diagrams for software prototypes and software design.